Sunday, May 07, 2006

Baa Baa Black Sheep

have you any wool? No but I have milk!

Milk you say what's so exciting about that... well with Auntie S coming down to get her piece of paper, I get a night off duties... but a night off requires preparation... and I have prepared. Now I'm allowed to go to the graduation without any worries because I have 3 bags of milk for the boy wonder. Yay!
It will be really nice to see my sister again, and having her down for a few days will be lovely to have Tim see her, and play for a while. I'm seriously looking forward to the family being together again.

On the home front I'm going to do some baking this afternoon... I'm attempting a Tart tatin... we'll see how we go.

And I've started getting organic veggies delivered to the house!... It's like Christmas (except Auntie's S & H will be most delighted to know it involves less unwrapping). I get a box delivered to the house and it has a whole heap of surprises in it.

This week we gor Fuji apples (seriously the best tasting apple I've had EVER), Valencia Oranges, a watermelon, pears, mushrooms, bok choy, potatoes, onions, carrots, pumpkin, and sweetpotato.

I should explain that the box of the week is a selection of fruit and veg that is organic, and therefore seasonal, so whatever is growing now is what you get! Should make for some creative cooking (actually I made a really yummy veggie soup/stew yesterday). And price wise you only pay about $2 extra than if you hunted out organic veggies locally... and with boy wonder on my hands my time is worth more at home.

My next delivery is when Auntie S is here... maybe I could make something yummy for the big family dinner.
Can't wait to see you.

No comments: