Thursday, August 31, 2006

We've created a monster

He eats everything! I always said I didn't want a picky eater (and yes I know that could all change tomorrow or the nano second he turns 2). and he isn't really. You know about the home made yoghurt... not that pudding sweet stuff you find int he supermarket... real yoghurt that has bite.,.. he eats it. But it doesn't stop there ... Oh no.

Last week he had moroccan apricot chicken casserole, stroganoff and tandoori chicken. the week previous we gave him avocado and tuna handrolls (sans seaweed) On Tuesday night he had piquant country beef with herb scones casserole. I think I made a mistake... If he likes non-boring food then guess who'll be having to come up with new things all the time... that's right me.

Oh the rods we create for our backs.

Speaking of rods... he's finally started crawling... it took lots of encouragement,... me crawling backwards from him taunting him with a bit of cheese. He complained every step of the way but the cheese prevailed and Tim figured out that forwards is more direct (but at this point not faster) than rolling. Now I can have gret fun constantly building 3 towers of blocks so he can crawl all over the living room knocking them down. Yay what fun. Soon when we're in our real house we can let him into the "great entertaining area" but first I need to find some small stubby holders for his knees.

2 comments:

Northwoods Baby said...

Mmmm, apricot chiiiicken...

I gave Dude his first solids the other day: green beans! He was, how do you say, unimpressed.

But today I tried again and he ate half the serving, which is insane because it's huge!

Tomorrow: avocado. That way, if he doesn't like it, I get tasty snack. Clever me.

Northwoods Baby said...

You SERIOUSLY need to get back to posting, dude. Moving, schmoving, hop to it!