Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A happy Easter

Well that's Easter for another year.

This year we went to Grandma and Grandpa's place on the penninsula for dinner stayed the night and came home on Monday afternoon. It was a weekend of "firsts" for Tim.

  • First time in a high chair (didn't like it because he kept leaning to the side),
  • First big dinner with all of Daddy's family (didn't seem to mind but by that time he was pretty tired from the long day, car trip etc.)
  • First time at the beach (it was cool and windy but also bright and got to be carried a lot by daddy... there were lots of new sights and smells and he didn't seem to mind the trip out.

And most exciting of all

  • First time he rolled over by himself.

Yep that's right Tim has figured out that "if these people keep putting me on my tummy for halping me strengthen my arms and back then I can just lean to the left give a bit of a kick and gravity will do the rest". He didn't even look surprised when he realised he wasn't on his tummy anymore.

He doesn't know it yet but there is a heap more Tummy time coming his way because he has started learning how to crawl (sort of) and he needs practice. At the moment he hasn't figured how to move his arms forward (and he leans on his elbows not his hands). So he pushes off with his legs and then finds himself face planting on the floor... not to be disheartened he gives another push with his legs and "voila" a caterpillar on the lounge room floor, bum goes up, head goes down and he goes forward about 2 cm.

He's also spending a lot of time in his Farmyard Gym.... mostly the wrong way... he has been pivoting and doing 180's, and occasionally getting stuck at about 90'.

1 comment:

The three of us + one said...

Hi Tess... Thanks!
How do I do it? ... I try and make time when Tim is asleep to do a few grown up things ... read the online paper, and eat, and sometimes I blog.
I like to write in the same manner that I speak (if that makes any sense),If I don't then I think that the blog sounds a bit pretentious.
I mostly do it because my sister is across the other side of the country, so she can keep up with him, and us.