Tuesday, April 04, 2006

What's that noise?


What do you do when it appears that a Qantas jet is attempting to land in suburban Melbourne? Well you shoot it of course (with the camera... just in case you were wondering)!

It made rather a tremendous noise and circled 3-4 times and headed down to Albert Park to scare the GrandPrix'ers, and fortunately didn't wake the baby up.

What is it about baking for an important reason that saps your confidence. This weekend we baked 2 Christening cakes. A good thing that we were a little organised and started easrly because the first cake was a disaster... wasn't cooked in the middle and we didn't know it. Honestly the skewer came out clean (probably the nice crust wiped off the uncooked mixture as we pulled it out... which kind of defeats the purpose of checking with a skewer if you ask me!). So when we cut the top off to start icing it we discovered a cavern of uncooked cake and it was way too late to try and fix it. A phone call to people who know brought us a recipe that didn't fail and I managed to ice it successfully, though we didn't cut the top off... I'm sure it is cooked thoroughly but if it isn't I don't want to know.

The sleeping thing still seems to be working but is sometimes hard work just like before except insead of bouncing on a swiss ball and ruining my legs now I'm cutting off the circulation back from my arms hanging over the cot and patting him to sleep. Such is life I guess.

No comments: